Book Review

11.06.2007

Remembering Wholeness was an interesting book. I definitely loved certain parts and it really made me look at things in a different perspective. She is definitely an interesting woman and I do not agree with everything she had to say; but I think I got out of it what I needed. I love the idea of me choosing before this lifetime what trials I would go through.
Surprisingly enough since reading parts of this book I have found myself happier and even more positive about things; which is an absolute delight! I'm not saying I feel like I am a completely different person or anything, but I think some of what she had to say just reminded me to stop and think.
Hmmm, I do not feel like I am good at describing books like this; I feel like I need to be talking to you. I'd say I recommend this book, but to remember when you read it that she is a unique individual and some things might make you go "this woman is crazy"...but she really does have some good perspectives and advise!

3 comments:

  1. Ok come on Thurs. Our chapel or the relief society room at 7:30 !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if the book helps you be happier, must have been good. I'll keep in mind to remember she is partially crazy. ;) Miracle of Forgiveness is great. I think you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had the chance to read some of the book. She has really impacted, for good, many people's lives (including mine) with what she teaches. The beauty of this book is that it really gets you thinking in a different way. I can assure you that she is not crazy. I have met her in person, and listened to many of her lectures. She is also an active LDS member, and has attracted a serious following with many LDS women. She can be easily misunderstood, and I can understand your hesitation and questions with some of the things she writes about. What is important is that you were able to get some things out of it that made you feel happier. That is awesome!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS