Christmas Questions: Happy Holidays

12.09.2007

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Wrapping Paper; I don't mind gift bags for other holidays, but something about wrapping paper for Christmas is so much more fun. I love all the different colored papers; they make great decoration and it is so much fun to wrap!


2. Real tree or artificial?

Artificial for me. I love real trees since I love the outdoors; but I do love the convenience of just being able pack and unpack my tree with all the lights already on them. Especially with how busy the holiday's already are; I can only imagine how we would have the time to go get a real one with kids around!

3. When do you put up the tree?

Growing up it was always the day after Thanksgiving; so I am keeping that tradition in our home as well.

4. When do you take the tree down?

After New Years; I don't like Christmas stuff really From the middle of January to November, including the music, unless it's Trans Siberian. Once Christmas is over, I am ready for SPRING!

5. Do you like eggnog?

Yes, at least the kinds I have tried. I try not to think about the fact I am drinking raw eggs. I think I only have one glass a year probably.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

This is tough because I'm sure I'll answer this and wish I said something else later. But the first that came to my mind was when we went to the Christmas tree and saw that there were dog dishes under it, and yet we had no dog; so we ran around the house trying to find a dog, and Allison finally found an adorable Golden Retriever which we named Sadie!

7. Do you have a nativity scene?

No, but I think I will get one sometime; I never really got in to Nativity scenes; love what they represent; but I guess I have never found what that called to me.

8. Hardest person to buy for?

My dad; it's hard to buy something for someone who is at a time in their life where they can get whatever they want and seem to have everything. I love the sentimental things, but we are running out of ideas!!!! But I love you dad!

9. Easiest person to buy for?

I say Josh is hard because I just want to give him everything; but in all reality he is really easy; he loves anything and everything; he'd be extatic about socks; Champion socks that is.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

Wow, I don't know if I can think of anything. When I was little I was such a tomboy and I didn't understand why I got a barbie one year; but I don't think I hated it. I honestly can't name a 'worse'.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards?

Never have done either; however, Josh said he wanted to mail Christmas CARDS this year, so we'll get on that. Cards are definitely more thoughtful in my opinion than an email.

12. Favorite Christmas movie?

The Christmas Story!!! Our family watches it every year on Christmas Eve! "You'll shoot your eye out kid" Oh I love Ralphy! aka: Kevin! ha.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

Different every year, whenever I start thinking about it I guess. But I probably wait until December most of the time. I don't get in to the Black Friday thing; maybe someday but as of right now I don't want to wake up at 2 a.m. for a sale.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

I don't think so

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

I love sitting by the fire and having a good frothy hot cocoa.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?

Clear! Makes the tree look so Christ like which really helps remind me what Christmas is really about. I'm sure I'll love colored for our future kids Santa tree.

17. Favorite Christmas song?

Trans Siberian Orchestra - Carol of the Bells, and O Holy Night, oh and What Child is This

18. Travel for Christmas or stay home?

Stay home; unless we all went to the Cabin in the Mountains; otherwise, I love having everyone together at Home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen; and of course Rudolph!

20. Angel on the treetop or a star?

I have a bow on the top of our tree right now; but stars or angels are fine too, anything!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

CHRISTMAS!! We never opened gifts on Christmas Eve and it was one more we got to on Christmas. I feel like if we could wait a whole year, we can wait one more day. However, Josh's family got to open one gift on Christmas Eve, so we can open Pajama's on that day I guess; but then it isn't a surprise. So maybe they can open a gift on Christmas Eve every OTHER year. We'll see.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?

I'm not big on cold weather; it's fine in the mountains but if I had it my way we would have a White Christmas, and then no more snow in the mountains. I also get irritated how busy it is every year.

23. What I love most about Christmas?

Family! I am so excited about all of us being together this Christmas and just hanging out and having fun with one another! I also love a good excuse to give Josh gifts!



I TAG: EVERYONE!!!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read this yet, but what happened to the Golden Compass post? I was going to comment but it is gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked reading everything. There are things that I have the same answer and I think it is because we come from the same family & have the same family traditions.

    Jeff & I typed all of our answers and will post it this week.

    Yeah for Noel!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I agree with you on a lot of these!. My Family also always watches The Christmas Story haha I Love that movie and gavin was like that is the stupidest movie ever.. :( I guess you'd have to have watched it growing up to enjoy it. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS