15 Secrets to a Happy Home

3.19.2008


Yesterday I felt like going to Deseret Book and getting the first book that called out to me. So after looking a couple minutes I found 15 secrets to a Happy Home by Janene Wolsey Baadsgaard. I just barely started reading it and so far I really enjoy it; it's a simple and quick read, and so far I like the points she makes. It's about staying positive and loving for yourself, family, and friends around you. Each chapter ends with things to put in to practice; so here are a few of the firsts.




  • Regularly post a meaningful quotation in a place you frequently pass that motivates you to better thoughts.


  • Avoid people who are "hataholics," "negaholics," and 'fearaholics."


  • Force yourself to find something good in every stressful situation.


  • Make a list of your positive qualities so you have a handy script to refer to when you have negative thoughts about yourself.


  • Do something you've always wanted to do but were too afraid to try.


  • Whenever you feel less than, scared, lonely, groucy, or mean go back and see what thought came before that emotion. Change the thought and see if it changes the way you feel.

These are just a few I liked.

4 comments:

  1. I love the new look, it's very cute! I love books that make you feel good. I'm sure it'll be a very good one. I look forward to hearing what you have to say when you're done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new look too and the book also sounds like a positive choice. Did you finish that vampire book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love this post! I love inspiring books!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS