a REAL Fruit Cake

6.11.2008

For dad's birthday Josh and I wanted to make a full on 100% healthy cake; and what better way to do so then with FRUIT!! Fruit is heaven on earth! Josh and I really love to design, especially with food, so we enjoyed this project. And viola, here it is, there is nothing bad for you in this cake, and I think we all very much enjoyed it. I have never had fruit cake, but I am going to go on a limb and say this is better then that stuff, it is at least prettier! There was Watermelon, Kiwi, Strawberries, Granny Smith Apples, Cantaloupe, Blueberries, Raspberries, Grapes, and Pineapple; I don't think I missed anything.
The Birthday Boy

8 comments:

  1. How long did that take? It looks great, like it should be straight from Hawaii. And sounds yummy. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a busy couple of days, on top of my computer quiting, so haven't even been on the computer, but I had full intentions of posting your beautiful cake creation on our blog. Guess I don't need to now.
    I have had fruit cake, and Dad's birthday cake far surpasses it. In fact, there is no comparison.
    Thanks again for putting in the time and effort to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so yummy!! Way to go Meg and Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed with that fruit cake! How long did it take y'all to make? It looks like something from "Edible Creations" but ordered from there it would have cost like $80.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! That is BEAUTIFUL! FANTASTIC job!

    Can I ask how much it cost for all that fruit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is absolutely gorgeous! You two are very talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful. We tried to make an edible bouquet and let's just say it was not quite so beautiful :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for people to know.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS