Optimism

1.20.2009

Last night for FHE I gave the lesson on Optimism; thank you LDS Living. I felt this was such a great top for these times. There is so much negativity every where we go it seems. I feel like every topic you hear on the news, and every conversation is about how horrible the times are. It's true that these are hard times, but even the Apostles and Prophet of the church tell us these are great times. Though we might be struggling in many different ways; as long as we are living the way we are supposed to, keeping our covenants, and doing the absolute best we can, there will be a way made for us; Heavenly Father does take care of us.

Some things I loved about the lesson:
"Regardless of our trials, with the abundance we have today, we would be ungrateful if we did not appreciate our blessings." -Quentin L. Cook
How true this is. As tough as it may seem at times, there is so much we all have to be grateful for. I for one am so grateful my husband has a job; especially at a time where it is so difficult for people to get jobs. And I am unbelievably grateful for Abigail; she brings me so much happiness and makes me smile everyday.
And now, verily I say unto you, and what I say unto one I say unto all, be of good cheer, little children; for I am in your midst, and I have not forsaken you. (Doctrine and Covenants 61:36)
I love this scripture, it just reminds me that when things seem tough I need to really remember and focus on the fact that Heavenly Father is with me, he protects me, and he has made a way for me; for all of us!
I loved more but I don't want to make this too long. Let's be Optimistic!!
Ps. Off the topic...did you all see that gigantic bow on Aretha's head today at the inauguration...wow! That's all I have to say ;)

5 comments:

  1. Very nice lesson. - Sausha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to being positive. Now I'm going to google Aretha's bow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this message. Our last women's and stake conference really stressed being optimistic. They reminded us that we are blessed in many ways and that if we are paying our tithing, attending the temple, and making our other offerings, the blessings will continue to be there. I need to go back and read this conference talk again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! That was reeally good! I really need to focus on being optimistic. I do feel very thankful and blessed for what i have! Its amazing what babies do to us mommies- i have never felt so blessed and thankful as i do now for my daughter!! Thanks

    Oh and Arethas had-- HIDEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS