Little brudda is 18!!!

6.08.2009


I can't believe our little brother is 18! In just 2 years my parents will never have another teenager, and in just 1 year they will be empty nester's! For Kevin's birthday we got him tickets to the Reliant K concert; he was pretty excited to go. Then we threw him a party the next day which turned out great to us! Lots of food, pool time, and fun. Saturday we had a family dinner for my dad's birthday as well as Kevin's birthday. So Kevin got a 3 day celebration! Lucky guy.
I absolutely love the picture above of Kevin when he was little; Kevin has some of the cutest little kids pictures ever!
Below is the Les Paul Guitar cake I made for him. I'd like to thank Josh for helping me out with the tuners and strings, and Danielle for the great signature. It took me 11 hours; don't let that scare you from trying...it just takes a bit longer when you have a baby. It's wicked fun though! I was happy with how it came out though I wanted it to be dark blue, but I didn't want to buy as much coloring as I would have needed.

Another post to come on updates of life, and a video!

9 comments:

  1. The cake looks great. I don't think my children will ever have a cake like that.

    Yeah, good choice for Kevin picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is how I remember Kevin! And the cake looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Kevin in those glasses!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ur right that picture of kevin is soo cute! haha and way to go on the cake!!! that rocks! haha no pun intended. seriously though. good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the cake! I love the picture of Kevin. Glad to hear you guys had fun celebrating his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Allison. I just have to accept the fact that fondant is not one of my talents. My recipe was so greasy, yours was more dry and so smooth, I am so impressed. (though someday I still want that recipe, did you post it and I spaced it? Maybe for my grandkids I'll have enough time and patience to try again)...

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME cake! Way to stick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did not just say "wicked" fun. hahaha I love it! Now you just need to move to Boyston and drink some coyfee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha I love that picture of Kevin. That is so the face I see when I remember growing up when you guys lived on Howard. Kevin running around with his finger print smudged glasses. Too cute! Sad I couldn't make it to the party. Love that cake though! Way to go Meagan!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS