New Realizations...

9.22.2009

I've been thinking about school a lot lately, and how I kind of miss it. It's the Learning I miss. I really enjoyed college; being able to study what I actually enjoyed was really nice and much more enjoyable. I just wish I knew I loved so much more! After becoming a mom I have started realizing how many different things I love. I have discovered I am much more of an artsy person than I realized. I went to school for Interior Design, so there was some 'art' there, but I didn't know how much I would be in to digital design, photography, art, culinary arts, etc. So many classes I could have taken if I had known! I'm thinking once Josh is done with school, maybe I could take a class during the evenings so he can be home with Abigail (and second child possibly).
Being a stay at home mom has always been my dream job, and I wouldn't trade it for anything; so I definitely want to wait until it's possible for Josh to watch her. We shall see. I just have such an itch for learning. I feel like I've been learning a lot by going online, or the library, so that has been helpful, but of course it's nice to have an actual class so you can really get that hands on education. Plus I feel like there is so much I need to review; I don't want to be a deer in headlights when my kids are asking for help on their school work!

4 comments:

  1. I love learning at school too. When I FINALLY graduate, I think I will probably always be in school. There are so many classes to take.

    PS...I started off my college career in Interior Design too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are online classes you can take Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree that learning is fab! And I love how you use all the many resources available to us to keep learning... too many people I know just think that like stinks if they can't go to a class about something. So not true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sounded like me after a year of being a stay-at-home mom. I went back slowly doing online classes or one class at a time and am graduating this semester! It seriously opens doors, not to the working world, but to knowledge, meeting people, and serving others. Although I never plan to work really, it's nice to have a backup in case the husband gets laid off or is ever in an accident!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS