Dang busted pipe...

12.19.2009

Our Monday started out nicely; we slept in a bit, and then went out to take some family pictures, and got some great shots! The weather was really great; sunny and warm. Quite a contrast from the days before which were below zero and snowing non stop. The rest of our day was spent relaxing and playing with Abigail.

As many of you know, we are taking care of my parents place while they are in Wyoming. We live on the opposite side, and rarely have any reason to go to that side of the home. This evening however I decided to go check on the temperature in their room because our room was feeling very hot, and we realized it is hooked up to the same system as their room.

And as I walked in and hit carpet...it felt wet, very wet. I turned on the lights and this is what I saw...

Well actually this picture is AFTER we had walked on it, as I'm sure you can tell since our footprints are all over. My heart started pounding and immediately started freaking out. We of course ended up calling a plumber who found the culprit...
All that water and all the damage from that small hole. The crawl space was filled with water, and it spread through four different rooms.
Check out how deep it got...nuts huh!
Needless to say we had a long night...I went to bed at 3:30 and Josh at 5:30; only to have to wake up 2 hours later for work, poor guy. Anyways, the last few days have been spent letting strangers in to suck up the water, tear out carpet, remove drywall and drilling holes.
As of yesterday, this is what it looks like around here...
The entryway. We live behind that plastic and have it as protected as possible to keep Abigail out from all the hazardous mess.

The Office

The Master BR. The furniture is going to taken on Monday to see if it can be repaired. Unfortunately the wood swelled up so it cracked in the corners.

So it will be drying...and drying...and drying some more; at least for all of next week. I'm curious to see how long it will take to get everything back to normal.

6 comments:

  1. That is so horible!!! I am so sorry, I can't believe all that is from one little hole. It sucks to have strange people in and out of the house all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad. I felt so sorry for Mom and Dad when she told me. And sorry you guys had to deal with it as well. Just so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is some serious damage from such a little hole. That totally sucks, I hope that the furniture can be saved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At this point, all we can say is, "Sorry Meagan and Josh that you have to deal with this, but thank you for taking care of things in our absence". It seems to be a tradition in our family that something either has to be repaired or replaced around Christmas time. Oh well! Merry Christmas everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that sounds so horrible!! My parents have had to deal with some flooding in their house too and the damage was awful. Good luck drying things out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Oh that is so sad! How frustrating for you guys and your mom and dad to have to deal with all that especially around the holidays. Hopefully it will all get taken care of in a timely manner. I so hope that that beautiful furniture can be saved.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS