Christmas.New Years.Family Party...

1.05.2010

Be prepared, due to trying to catch up, there are many photos below...
First off, Christmas. We really enjoyed Christmas this year because we tried to make it as simple as possible. We both feel like we have been very blessed this past year and wanted to take a step back and focus on what it's all about. Granted, that's a bit difficult when you are super excited about your cute little girl opening gifts, but we tried and I think we did a really good job staying in control. Even though Abigail doesn't understand yet, we want to start things out simple now.
Abigail loved being able to tear the paper, and she was pretty good at it!
I love her 'Peace on Earth' pajamas.
She was pretty ecstatic about 'Kitty' being allowed in for Christmas. And no, mouths did not touch...that would be gross.
She really enjoys her wooden xylophone.
Last year Josh's uncle sent us a pink Red Sox outfit...Josh is very proud to see his little girl in it. This year he sent this adorable Patriots outfit that reminds me of a cheerleader. And yet again, Josh is extremely proud to see his daughter displaying it for us all. Our little family on New Year's Eve. We have a pretty quiet home, so with all the extra family and commotion, Abigail wanted to party with us. She was pretty out of it, but she made it to midnight to count down with us!
This year we had our First Annual Family Talent Show! After seeing this on 'Dan in Real Life' I was pretty excited about the idea. There were great talents, and I'm excited to see how next year goes since we have a whole year to prepare.

Abigail performed some sign language for everyone:)
And we did a dance skit called 'Evolution of Dance'. It was pretty fun, and I am hoping to post the video soon.

Thank you Jill for the Turtle Cheesecake recipe! This was my first time making cheesecake from scratch and people seemed to like it. It did not turn out as pretty as I had hoped, but c'est la vie.
Poor Abigail. She was pretty exhausted and ready for bed here. This is at my niece's baptism, as well as her little sister's blessing.
Wish this picture came out better, too pixely. However, we still like how Abigail is just sitting and looking at her adorable new cousin, Koen. I love him. I was so happy to meet him, and he makes the best faces. He's definitely a Mini Jon right now.
Not sure why there is a green spot on the top left corner...weird. Abigail had oatmeal and it kind of got a little messy; apparently we should have made it thicker. So rather then transferring her all the way to the bathroom, the kitchen sink seemed smarter. She loves the water.
And I'm the person who does not think I should have my child's personal parts displayed.

6 comments:

  1. Good pics. Your sink picture is very tasteful. I always would put washcloths over Rees.

    Sounds like you guys have had a fun holiday season. I'm hoping to see video of the talent show, I heard it was very enjoyable.

    I like the picture of you guys kissing Abigail. She looks very loved and happy about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing all these pictures. I am glad to hear you had a nice holiday season. The picture of Abigail and Koen is sweet and I love her little Patriots outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys had a happy holiday. Is the evolution of dance the one that is on You Tube? That is so funny, I can't wait to see the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you had such a good Christmas! Just wait till next year, it gets better!! I was so involved with Silas this year I forgot to take pictures :( Good call on covering Abigail. I always cropped Silas' pics so they were from the waist up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of Abigail in the sink, I love her face. And good call on covering her up! Can't wait to see the video of the talent show. The Bodily's always know how to have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a private blog, you can have her displayed all you want. ha! Love the pics... what a fun patriots outfit!! And your dance looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS