Natural child birth vs. Flu...

1.27.2010

Let us review:

Labor - lasted 14 hours
Flu - has lasted a few days

Labor - didn't make me cry
Flu - bawled my eyes out

Labor - I could move, I could talk, I could even laugh
Flu - nearly missed the bed trying to walk back from the bathroom, passed out, hurt to talk or move an inch, and experienced my first migraine.

Labor - relaxed as much as possible in a jacuzzi tub
Flu - sat in the shower wondering if I could pull myself back up again

Labor - equaled an adorable baby
Flu - equals some immune building I suppose

Yep. I still choose natural child birth. It has been much more rewarding then this wretched flu.
No worries. This isn't one of those "Please feel sorry for me" posts. Just an "Anti Flu" post. I'll just be happy to play with Abigail again.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you start feeling better and hopefully it's not a flu of the swine variety! How has Abigail been faring, you know the old mom adage about whatever mom is feeling the whole family feels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I am so sorry you have been so sick. Silas was really sick a couple of weeks ago I felt so helpless. Get feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck, maybe you have swine flu, I'm not joking either. There was awhile out here when a lot of people were getting the swine flu and they all said it was pretty darn nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make labor sound so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS