One.

2.01.2010

I have a huge passion for animals and have always wanted to somehow help them in some way. When I was little I wanted to be a Vet but couldn't bear the thought of having to put an animal to sleep; which would be a job requirement sadly. But I am determined to someday help animals in any way. I know God loves all creatures and it's important to be grateful for them and take care of them; except for spiders ;) Okay, I know they are important, but couldn't they have been given a cute appearance?!?

I think people take animals for granted. I don't understand the term "I hate animals" to be honest. I do not expect for everyone to hug every animal they see, but I do wish people had more respect for them; they are important on this planet as well. I wish people would be more responsible and loving with their pets, flock, herd, etc.

Many think it's a waste, they say they hate animals, they think they are just for eating, or recreation/play. So therefore to them, it's a ridiculous idea for me to travel to Thailand to help save elephants. But I'm willing to help them all as much as I can because if they weren't important, they wouldn't be here.

I am grateful to have a husband who shares the same views as I do. I think I'm meant to somehow help animals in some way; there has to be a reason I've been given this personality, or trait, of having so much love for them. And someday I will make that happen!

5 comments:

  1. That is a really cute picture of an elephant. I am thankful for God's gift of animals to us and their place in our world. Thank you for sharing your views about them with us. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the Planet Earth movies? I Love them, we watch them every sunday. Cute picture of the elephant. I love animals too Thats why we ended up with 2 cats, they showed up at my door step and I couldn't turn them away.
    How do I get my blog links to tell me when people posted last? I really want to do it but I can't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE ELEPHANTS! seriously the coolest animals. you should do the helping elephants in thailand. they have internships for that--i almost did one. it'd be dope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you considered volunteering with an animal shelter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen!
    I had the excact same issue w/ becoming a vet, but I still want to do that somedays!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS