Missionary moment...

6.02.2010

Two days before moving to Salt Lake, Abigail followed our neighbors Boxer to their front door step. For that I am grateful because we were able to meet them for the first time, and had an amazing missionary experience because of it.
They brought up that they were looking for something (church wise), and knew they had not found it yet. They had gone to a couple different churches but did not enjoy it much. He brought up that he loved that our church focused on Family, and Food Storage.
I've never had such a strong feeling before to share my thoughts and beliefs about our church. It pretty much just spilled out of my mouth, and before I knew it I was telling them where the ward building was, and what time to go. I knew immediately that I wanted to give them a Book of Mormon, which is something I have never had the opportunity to do before.
They were both so accepting of what I had to say, and were very interested in everything. They made me feel so comfortable and at ease about 'spreading the word'.
The following day I went to Deseret Book and bought a Book of Mormon, The Proclamation to the Family, and The Testaments video. And of course I wrote a letter with my testimony, which I placed in the book. I knew I would be seeing them the following day (Saturday) because he offered to help us load the moving truck.
I was so anxious and excited at this point, no nerves whatsoever because I just knew that he would be excited and accepting.
Once Saturday morning came, the nerves started to kick in a bit, so I just prayed to give me strength because I HAD to do this. And once I was giving him everything, it felt so natural doing it. I just prayed that I would know what to say and how to say it, and that's exactly what I felt happened. Terry was really excited about everything I had given him, and he was so appreciative of it all.
That is honestly one of the best feelings ever. I can only imagine doing that everyday, it was kind of a high! I was a bit bummed that we were moving that day, but I knew I did what I was supposed to do, and hopefully I impacted them a little.
I have such a strong feeling that they will accept the gospel one day, I'm not sure when, but I know they will eventually. They were so open, willing, and understanding. I love these people.
I know this post is kind of rambling on, because I am kind of horrible at writing eloquently when I'm crazy excited about something. It was an amazing experience, and really a testimony builder for myself. I am so appreciative that I was given this opportunity to be a missionary. I'm grateful that Abigail loves dogs and isn't shy to walk up to strangers, because it forced me to meet them, and I know that wasn't any accident.
Children bring such amazing opportunities. Two weeks after moving here actually, Abigail insisted on walking back to our car a different way, and because we went that way, we ended up having another great missionary moment with this random guy at the park. But that's another story :)

Okay, I really could go on and on, but I'm writing horribly and it's driving me nuts.

Share the gospel friends!!! Not only for all the people who need it, but for yourself!

4 comments:

  1. lovely lovely, lovely. thanks for sharing. so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it does feel good when we listen and follow the promptings of the Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you were going to say that you'd head they'd joined the church and everything! But just writing the story is fabulous too. :) I'm really proud of you for being so awesome in a missionary moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS