10k...

7.27.2010

Saturday my sister and I did a 10k and it was awesome; aside from the Perrier some guy was handing out that I thought was water. That made for some nice rumbling of air in my stomach for a bit, but I was able to finish strong and I'm happy with my time.

I think I could have pushed harder at the end, but all is well. I am happy with it considering it was my first LONG race in many years, and even those cross country races weren't that long.

I placed 42 out of 225 in my age group. My time was 50:31.5, which means I had an 8.08 minute mile, with lots of downhill.


Afterwards we saw President Uchtdorf in the Parade :), wish I would have gotten a picture.

Now it's onto the T.O.U. which is on the 28th of August. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! I'm betting that you beat your time on the 28th. Isn't it fun to have a sister close by to do things together?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look great! Way to go on your first 10K!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! I cannot believe your time. You are definitely on track for the big one!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS