13.1 - TOU...

9.02.2010


I did it! I know it might not seem like much compared to a full marathon, but I am so excited, happy, and proud that I finally accomplished this goal!
About 4 years ago I decided I wanted to complete a half marathon and a full; I just didn't know when. And it feels so good to have half of that goal accomplished! I feel like I did it at the perfect time for me, and I'm sure I'll feel that way about the marathon, whenever that time is.
The race went really great. I was nervous for it until about a week before because I took three weeks off for my knees. But I was able to get in one last long run in before the race and it took all my nerves away.
I felt really good during the run. I had one moment that my stomach did not feel too hot, but thankfully after a little prayer that feeling went away in a matter of just a minute or so. I was able to finish strong and without collapsing ;) I had one last burst of energy when I saw the clock and realized I was about to accomplish my goal of finishing the race in under 2 hours! It felt so wonderful!
I was so excited to see Josh and Abigail at the finish line!! It was hard not to get a bit emotional once I saw their faces. I guess it's hard not to when you just finished running for nearly 2 hours straight ;)
I really enjoyed this race. Running through the canyon was beautiful and the course wasn't hard on the knees which is a blessing!
Thank you for everyone's support and enthusiasm! Especially to Josh. He was so wonderful and understanding about all the training that went into this and never complained, even though I was gone a lot and unable to make meals sometimes ;)

My Final Results:
Time: 01:56:34.0
Gender: 250
Overall: 507
Division: 58

I'm not sure when I'll be doing a marathon. I know it's something I have to do for myself and at the right time for me, so I can't just rush into it. Also having the time to train for a full will be a challenge; this semester will be impossible. But maybe next year!
Afterwards I enjoyed a gigantic juicy burger at Center street Grill, in Logan. We highly recommend it if you're feeling like a delicious burger. Not sure I could have eaten that whole thing on a regular day, but it provided a much needed calorie/energy intake after the run. I've pretty much been craving one ever since.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! You did awesome and I am so happy that your knees got so much better just in time for the race! It was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS