Temple lights, take two...

12.17.2010

Abigail LOVES the lights at Temple Square so I am pretty sure we'll be going there a few more times this winter. It's free, gets you in the Christmas spirit, and there is plenty of room for Abigail to run free and use up some energy.

Nick & Court, whom Abigail treats as her parents when they're around, and forgets all about us ;) I am grateful to have a child who falls in love with our friends, it really helps out.

Our tree, pre-trimming and decorating. It's been a couple weeks since getting it and I am still in love. I think we'll be sticking with a real tree each year!

Our ward had an adult Christmas party this year and I am so happy we were able to go! I am thankful to such great friends who are always willing to watch Abigail.
This is just a simple photo from a point and shoot, but I loved how much effort the committee put into decorating and preparing this evening. They do a wonderful job when it comes to the ward activities, and really put all they have into it.
Plus they always have different choices of food which makes me happy. I grew up with funeral potatoes and ham at ward parties, but they always do something different, and yummy!


Pretty centerpieces.

It was really a nice evening. It gave us a great opportunity to FINALLY meet other couples our age, and we had a great time talking with them. Since we are no longer in nursery, and this next school semester isn't as hectic, I think we'll finally get the chance to really get to know the people in our ward. Agh, run on sentences are horrible, I apologize.
And, Josh is finished with finals!! This past semester has been one we've been happy about getting over with. Now we can focus on all the fun festivities!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Fun night for sure : ) I'm thinking the best part was when Abigail started stealing strollers.. or maybe even the fact that the strollers outnumbered people 3 to 1... Welcome to Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, impressive decorations. I am sad that the church is doing away with activities, with the auxiliaries in charge I can just imagine what our future ward parties will be like...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Christmas party sounds like a nice evening. And I like that they try to have a variety of foods, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun decorations for a Ward Party. Glad you will be able to meet some people from the Ward now.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS