a date...

7.17.2011

thanks to our friends, nick and court, we were able to go on a much needed date! bless their souls because it has been a while.
so, we said goodbye to this adorable grown up looking girl...

and headed out, just the two of us. first we went to Outback Steakhouse, which has some sentimental meaning to us; i'm sure many know the story. anyways, we had a gift certificate there, and it had been quite awhile since we went, so we decided to splurge a little.
josh got me to try ahi tuna for the first time. it was okay, but i would like to try it again when i'm on the east coast or something, where it can be actually fresh, rather than 'shipped to utah' fresh.
it was wonderful being able to just have uninterrupted conversation. which as many of you parents know, can be hard to come by ;-)
then it was off to the theater where the real reason for our date was...to see the final harry potter! josh and i both really enjoy these books. you won't see us dressing up in costumes, by all means, but we think rowlings did a wonderful job. and we very much enjoy the movies as well. and you better believe (thanks to motherhood) i was crying during certain (awesome) parts, of which i won't go into for those of you who don't know what happens.
we were very happy with this final film and think they did a great job.

josh, enjoying his last days of scruffiness before school starts back up again ;-)
at first i thought this was an actual good picture of myself, now i think i look goofy, but oh well. we were both pretty tired, so maybe i'll blame it on that ;-)
it was wonderful getting out together on a date, and we are trying to get better at doing it more regularly. it's always nice coming home and seeing adorable abigail though, because i seriously get giddy about walking through the door and seeing her smiling face.

7 comments:

  1. hi meagan! hope you are doing well! cute story :-) hope you two can get out more often. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I LOVE your hair with the braid! It looks really good.
    Second, I can totally tell Abigail is growing so much! (Which I know I mentioned in a previous comment.)
    And third, (since I seem to be counting), I'm so glad you both were able to go out for a date! Its not always an easy thing to arrange.
    I look even more forward to getting to see the final Harry Potter movie now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, Hailey always goes on 'Date Night' with us lately, so it's more like family night, haha. We are trying to schedule a REAL date night soon! Glad you could get out! Make sure you do it again once or twice before Mailie arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I don't love getting older, I do appreciate that Ryan is old enough now to babysit so Brad and I can go out alone. Saves us lots of $$$, too! I'm excited that when the temple opens back up he'll be old enough to babysit while we go do a session!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH for you guys!! You need to do that. I would totally watch her for you, anytime.. Please don't hesitate to ask me.
    Ok, we have swimming lessons the rest of this week. Then, we leave on trek the next week. But can we get together the first week in August.. Go swimming or something?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are the best friends ever, I know ;) haha. I'm glad you guys had a good time. But you don't have to blame the crying on motherhood, I'm pretty sure, while I was laughing at them, 90% of the theater was crying.. Just sayin' ;)
    Lets play soon though! I'm tellin' ya, I really want to go swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a nice night out. I really like the braid in your hair.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS