always playing catch up lately...(photos galore)

4.24.2012

i am generally pretty good at keeping this updated. but lately it just feels like i am getting behind, continually. i'll get back on track eventually.
so lately...
we had a nice relaxing easter. the easter bunny came on saturday evening, and abigail was of course very excited about his visit. she was also very excited about telling you what easter is about, and what happened to jesus. she goes from "and then he died" with a sad pouty face, to beaming and smiling, "and then he was alive again!!!". 







miss mailie. tall and skinny. 95th for height but 25th for weight. you will see from pictures there is not much chub going on with this girl. but still adorable! we all know how smiley and giggly she is. and she's babbling up a storm. personally, she is growing up too fast for my liking. example: the moment she started to roll over, she was was rolling all over the room. she has started to get on her hands and knees and is scooting backwards! this is not acceptable. with abigail we expected her to crawl quickly because the poor girl just wanted to be mobile from the moment she came out. mailie is a more laid back baby, so i expect her to just wait to grow up ;) but hey, as long as she stays as super happy as she is, and showing me that cute dimple, i'll be happy.
speaking of growing up. two weeks ago abigail's primary teacher informed me that she wrote her name all my herself. josh apparently knew she had done this before. where have i been? i had no idea she could do that!! i am still waiting to see it happen with my own eyes. i did write her name, and then she wrote it as well, but i have yet to see her just write it without something to go off of. apparently she leaves that for her teachers to see ;)

also, i turned 27. i expect this year of life to be fantastic, because my mom said it was her favorite. yes we are two different women, but i need to have a reason to be excited about closing in on 30.
27 with two beautiful, happy, healthy girls, and one outstanding husband. :)
 if it is in her reach, she will grab it. and generally put it in her mouth. she looks so please. abigail, not so much ;)



 abigail is a fantastic big "small" sister. i say 'small' because she wants to be called small, not big. anyways, she was reading this book to mailie with such enthusiasm and love. i love the way she talks to mailie.
 the purpose of this photos was to show that josh accidently had mailie give me the anniversary card he picked out for me. rather then the bday card. i loved it anyways.
 the girls gave me these fabulous gloves to make your hands soft. i also have some for feet. you wear them at night, and yes, they do indeed make them soft, my friends.
 abigail was so ecstatic about riding "mufasa". she was waving at everyone and cheering. she's a hilarious little girl.
 look closely, and you can see a baby on top of it's mother. it was holding on while sleeping, and it was adorable! we love monkeys in this family, and boy do i wish we could take it home. i also would appreciate my children being able to just hold on to me while asleep, freeing my hands.
 every zoo trip requires a zoo ride, and this girl is in heaven.

 yes, she is real. and she is scrumptious.
 these two enjoyed playing in the river, while mailie and i sat and relaxed.

 seriously. if you can, click to enlarge this photo, and check out this girls faces. this was the order they were taken in. we finally got some smiles at the end. which were up above.

7 comments:

  1. Too many cute pictures to comment on them all. In a couple of those pictures I think you look like Kristin. I love that first picture of Abigail, I think it is on Easter day, she just looks so happy. As always smiley Mailie puts a smile on my face.

    I love the monkeys at the zoo too and baby animals at the zoo are even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these girls are adorable. we get to see them in May.
      I love all the postings that you do.

      Delete
  2. great pics! mailie is growing up so fast... she is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't checked your blog for quite awhile, but I'm glad I did because your girls are so cute! You guys sure did a good job with them, they are beautiful! Hope life is going good for you and we should meet up next time we are in SLC. We like to ride the train down there and walk around like the old college days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't checked your blog for quite awhile, but I'm glad I did because your girls are so cute! You guys sure did a good job with them, they are beautiful! Hope life is going good for you and we should meet up next time we are in SLC. We like to ride the train down there and walk around like the old college days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited to see those girls. Just 5 days to go before we leave for SL.
    I do so enjoy your postings of the family. Thank you for being such great parents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're girls are SO adorable.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS