First-Day Photos and Interviews...

9.13.2016



We school year-round, so the "new year" doesn't quite feel new. However, I still try to make it feel exciting and I do enjoy fresh starts, even if it's just been a three-week break. We have Father's Blessings, do our new year interview, and of course take those First Day photos.

This is Mailie's K4 year. I'm excited to see how this year goes for her since this is the first year I have actual curricula set out for her.



 Mailie wants to be a Lion when she grows up.

A few interview answers...
Favorite color: pink
Favorite book: Spider-Man
Something I really don't like: Jail
My favorite thing about myself: “my heart"

Abigail loves science, and I found a new curriculum that I'm really looking forward to diving into this year. We're only into the second week of the book, but so far so good. 




Abigail wants to be a Chemist when she grows up.

A few interview answers…

Favorite color: Red-Violet
Favorite book: Princess Ponies A Magical Friend
Something I really don’t like: Goosebumps (the books)
My favorite thing about myself: “I am smart”

Homeschooling has its stresses, of course, and there are times I have felt crazy for doing it, but there are more good days than bad, and more successes than disasters. I've felt a lot of peace and comfort from Heavenly Father the past couple of years to keep with it, and that it is what is right for our family. So whenever I have a hard day, I focus on that.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are doing yearly interviews with the girls. I wish I had thought of such a great idea when my children were growing up. These will be a treasure.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS